At Phoenix Equine we run a full in-house service to help you to control and prevent worm infestations in your horse. The scheme is run by our head nurse Janie Hucker J-SQP and includes:
- In house testing of faecal samples for worm eggs and larvae at competitive prices (cheaper prices are available for multiple samples from livery and other yards).
- Advice on worming and pasture management from our qualified veterinary surgeons and SQPs based on the worm egg count result from your horse. If worming is recommended we will advise you on the most appropriate wormer to use.
- Advice on strategic worming for specific worm threats at certain times of year, particularly small red worm larvae and tapeworm.
- Text reminders to alert you when your next worm egg count is due (provided that you give us permission for us to contact you in this way).
- Prices for equine wormers that are competitive with internet pharmacies.
Performing faecal egg counts allows you to strategically worm your horse, so avoiding over use of wormers and the risk of drug resistance, as well as being cost effective and environmentally friendly.
Clients interested in this service are invited to contact Janie on 01392 793600 or 01803 364500 for individual worming advice or for a free worm egg count kit.