From 3rd December 2018, Phoenix Equine will join forces with David Gabriel of South Devon Farm and Equine in Ivybridge. This will enable us to provide an equine only service to clients in Ivybridge, Totnes and the surrounding areas in addition to our current service.
Our new service will operate from a purpose built equine clinic in Ivybridge, where David will be based, as well as from our existing base near Junction 30 or the M5.
The vets at the combined practice have many years of experience in equine only practice in the area and will be supported by an office and nursing team who also have long experience caring for equine clients and their horses in this area of Devon and are horse owners themselves.
For our new clients, we will maintain your local and personalised care in this area whilst providing a more focused and dedicated equine only service.
Services that will remain the same
- Local service operating from Ivybridge with local zoned visits as at present.
- Local medicines collection from Totnes or Ivybridge as required.
- Full 24-hour emergency service.
- High quality and cost effective routine healthcare service including worm egg counts carried out in our own laboratory.
Our proposed improvements to your current service
- Equine specific service from experienced equine vets.
- Equine specific office and nursing staff.
- Improved equipment including the latest digital X-ray, ultrasound and gastroscopy.
- Support from equine medical and surgical specialists when the need arises.
We intend that the new service will start from 3rd December and during the initial few weeks we will work closely with existing contacts at Totnes and Ivybridge to ensure that any services are uninterrupted and that the transition is as smooth and seamless as possible.
If you have any questions about the new service, please contact us on 01392 793600 or 01803 364500.